Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ligurian Pesto Pasta (Linguine with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans)

Tonight, I had planned to make Ligurian Pesto Pasta. While I was reading the directions I thought I'd prefer to make Poor Man's Pesto from Donna Klein's excellent Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen (because the recipe on the website calls for parmesan and I am trying to avoid dairy). I opened the cookbook and the page I opened it to happened to have the same recipe. So I made that one instead. The recipes are very similar, so if you make the recipe on the website, you will have very similar results.

Taste:
4.5

Ease of Preparation:
4

Weight Friendliness:
4 (7 ww points when you make it with whole wheat linguine)

Maddie Friendliness:
4 (she ate the pasta heartily)
Cost of Ingredients: 4
Overall: 4.1

This was delicious. Full of flavor! It was incredibly easy too. It literally took 20 minutes total with prep including cleaning/preparing the potatoes, green beans, and fresh basil. Also not a lot of dishes created in the process, which Garison appreciated. This is going to be a household staple.

1 comment:

  1. The title of this recipe alone is enough to make my mouth water!

    I'm gonna try it for sure - your description makes it sound soooo good!

    ReplyDelete