Monday, July 20, 2009

Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Roasted Peanuts

Tonight I made Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Roasted Peanuts from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison. It's a very simple stir fry. The only things I had to chop were the bok choy and the garlic, so no problem. Well, it turned into a little problem when the heated oil splattered EVERYWHERE when I put in the ginger. Huge mess, lol, but all my fault.

Taste: 3.5 (G gave it a 3.5 as well)
Ease of Preparation:
4

Weight Friendliness:
4
(8 weight watchers points with the rice)
Maddie Friendliness:
2 (once again, she ate the rice)
Cost of Ingredients: 4 (bok choy and peanuts from Cub for around $2 to feed a family of 3)
Overall: 3.5

There is another bok choy stir fry recipe that I like much better than this one from Cook's Illustrated (located here if you are a member). The flavor is much more full than the flavor from this one. I liked the peanuts and the spice in this one, but I just felt it lacked depth. I am contemplated making a hybrid of the two recipes to make one amazing dish. When I do that, I'll post the recipe. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment