I also made a potato salad this weekend. It was the simplest recipe in the world.
Roasted Potato Salad
5 cups of potatoes in about 1 inch cubes
1 onion cut in large pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly grated pepper to taste
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or to taste
3 tbsp parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Mix together the potatoes, onion, and olive oil, freshly grated pepper and salt.Toss until the potatoes and onion are well coated with oil.
- Place on a cookie sheet in one layer.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and turn the potatoes over.
- Cook 20 more minutes or until the potatoes have browned.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the balsamic vinegar and parsley.
- Serve either warm or cold.