Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekly Menu for the Week of 12-Jul-09

Mostly took last week off from cooking. Made a couple of interesting things through improvising, but since I wasn't feeling well, I mostly used up leftovers and pasta sauces in my cupboards. Last night I tried my hand at roasted vegetable pizza. It turned out ok. Good solid pizza, but nothing terribly exciting. Tonight I had pizza with caramelized pears, toasted hazelnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese. That was completely amazing! Wish I had cooked it. ;)

I'm trying almost entirely new recipes this week, though. I bought 660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer and am trying a couple of recipes from there. I'm also trying some new recipes from Quick-fix Vegetarian by Robin Robertson. I got that one for Christmas and haven't really tried anything from it yet.

Sunday:
New Potatoes and Spinach (660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer pg 580)
Monday: Pasta with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes (Quick-fix Vegetarian by Robin Robertson pg 98)
Tuesday: Udon Noodles with Sesame Crusted Tofu (Vegan Dad)
Wednesday: Gingered Red Lentils (660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer, pg 398)
Thursday: pasta with edamame pesto (Quick-fix Vegetarian by Robin Robertson pg 130)
Friday: Pizza with sun-dried tomato pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment