Taste: 3 (It was good, nothing spectacular)
Ease of Preparation: 5 (Really, unless it's pre-canned, it doesn't get much easier)
Weight Friendliness: 5 (5 Weight Watchers points per serving if you assume 6 servings)
Maddie Friendliness: 3 (She ate the noodles, though she tried very hard to pick off the parsley)
Cost of Ingredients: 4
Recipe from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (I used only 1/8 of a cup)
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups packed, fresh, flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup vegetable broth, preferably homemade (I used veggie bouillon and some water)
Salt, preferably the coarse variety, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
12 oz spaghettini or other thin pasta (we used cappellini)
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a medium, nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add the parsley and broth and stir until just combined.
- Immediately remove from the heat and season with coarse salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley mixture to the pasta and toss to combine.